Saturday, October 3, 2015

Bloombox Natural and Organic Box September 2015

This is my final month of bloombox. Hurray!!! I say this because Japan likes to do this really annoying thing where they will automatically renew your contract if you don't cancel within the allotted timeframe (usually a month). They also do this with phone contracts which is inconvenient. I originally signed up for the 6-month plan and now, a year has come to a close. Most of the samples were good but I just have too much stuff now! Not enough face to use it on! So it must end!

This month there was a choice between the normal box and a special "Natural and Organic" Box, so I obviously chose the upgrade. They were also offering this box to non-subscribers for 2700yen. All the items are full sized! I haven't used the products yet, so this is just an overview of what I received. Let me know if you'd like reviews after I have used them. Here we go!!




SABON Shower Cream in Delicate Jasmine 200ml/7oz 2870yen
Cosme.net = 2.8 out of 7 stars

SABON's Shower Cream is a body soap that is gentle for damaged skin. Rubbing it in with your hands, only the filth will be washed away. After rinsing it off, your skin feels as though its enveloped with moisture, due to its creamy texture. It's formulated with Olive and Sunflower oil to help repair damaged skin

This comes in three scents Pachouli Lavender Vanilla, Ginger Orange, and Delicate Jasmine. I probably would have preferred the pachouli version but clearly I had no choice in the matter. I received a SABON product before, their body lotion mist, and I quite like that. This shower cream doesn't contain any SLS and doesn't foam up, so it should in fact be perfect for those with sensitive skin, as long as you aren't sensitive to fragrances. The fragrance is fairly strong to me when holding my nose to the bottle, but it shouldn't be overpowering when I use it in the shower. 




Loretta "Blue Bird Dream" Body Milk 90ml 2,600yen
Cosme.net = 5.8 out of 7 stars


This is an body milk that gives your skin a silky feeling from the oils it contains.
Its recommended for hot weather.


I love this packaging, the bottle is gorgeous. There were three different items you could have received in this box, this body milk (Blue Bird Dream), a body oil (Butterfly Whisper) or a hand cream (Ladybug Afternoon). Let's have a look at the packaging of the other items, now shall we?
AHHH!!! I want them all! Their website has the whole lineup of course, all beautiful. Back to the body milk. Receiving this in late September is rather unfortunate as it's meant for hot weather and things have finally started to cool down around here. It has a soft floral fragrance that shouldn't be too overpowering. The selling point of this product are the oils and extracts it is formulated with and there are many.
It's formulated with:
sunflower oil
mandarin fruit water
jojoba oil
damask rose oil
seakale extract
french lavender extract
willow bark extract
shea butter

That is a lot of stuff in this small bottle. I'm excited to try it out, even if its lackluster, the bottle will make up for everything.



Lush Cup o' Coffee Face and Body Mask 100ml 1,200yen
Cosme.net = 4.8 out of 7 stars

Taken from Lushusa's site:

If you're a sucker for the strong, dark, stimulating type, this coffee-filled mask is just the thing to kick-start your day. Wake up and invigorate the skin and mind with the rich, intoxicating aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sweet roasted cocoa extract.Kaolin deeply cleanses impurities from the pores and ground coffee acts as a gentle scrub to buff away dryness and reveal the glowing skin beneath. Smooth this one all over your body to feel soft, clean and wonderfully fragrant.

I was very excited to receive this in this box! I love lush products but I rarely indulge in them because of the price coupled with their quick expiration. The main ingredient in this product is agave nectar which really intrigues me. I have pretty resilient skin, so I love a good scrub!


Is the "Not Virgin" thing a new thing? I don't remember seeing it before.


Faran Goats Milk Soap in Desert Flowers, Honey, and Aloe 100g 1,300yen

This handmade soap is made from the milk of Israeli goats and the extracts of flowers that grow in the desert. In order to lock in the active ingredients, the soap was made through a cold-press method. The soft, light foam leaves you feeling moisturized. Please use it daily on your face and body.

All I can really say about this soap so far is that it smells really good. It's also paraben free if that is important to you. I'm not the biggest fan of most bar soaps as they can be very drying, but this is SLS free so hopefully it won't leave my skin feeling stripped of all moisture.


Cattier Clay Mask Yellow Clay-Witch Hazel 12.5ml/.42 fl oz 400yen
Cosme.net = 4.3 out of 7 stars

This mask doesn't just remove it also gives to your skin. It absorbs impurities and supplies your skin with minerals and moisture. The result is plump moisturized skin. There are two types, a pink and yellow clay version.

The mask is formulated for dry skin, which will be very handy in the winter months. Again not much to say since I haven't used it yet. I can probably get about two or three uses out of this packet since there seem to be quite a lot in it.



Cattier Dentargile Propolis Daily Gum Protection 75ml 1,300yen

The toothpaste comes in two versions, a propolis infused mint and a lemon one. Everything by us is certified organic.

I'm pretty particular with my toothpaste. I've been using Crest 3D white for at least 6 years, I buy multiple when I am back in America to last until the next time I'm back. That being said, I'm not sure if I'll use this or not even though propolis in toothpaste sounds very interesting. I've never had a cavity with my chemical laden toothpastes before, so I'm a little wary to switch things up.


Final Thoughts

This box was a fantastic deal. I had the six month plan so each box came up to 1440yen, including shipping. The value of this box was an amazing 9,670yen!!! That's even more than I paid for the entire six month subscription. I think that it was a great month to end on. In the future I can sign up for these special boxes without the commitment of a plan if something looks good! 

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment