Thursday, March 19, 2015

Empties part 1

I've been neglecting this blog big time and it's a shame. I have a lot of empties that I want to log and then throw out, so this will be an empties review of various products!! (Sorry for such crappy photos!!)


This was a refill of some Biore Makeup remover wipes, sorry I don't know the whole name. I find that Japanese face wipes have a lot of alcohol in them and dry my skin really badly. The wipe itself was on the thin side and not the most comfortable to use.



This is the Etude House Nail Polish remover. I purchased this in Japan. This is a really gentle nail polish remover which I like since my nails are prone to peeling. Unfortunately this means multiple coats and glitter polish are a pain to get off using this. But as its an inexpensive product I don't mind having to repurchase it.

This is the much raved about Wonder Pore Freshner. I found this to be a wonderful toner. Although there is alcohol in this product it does not dry out my skin.I really liked the bottle the 500ml comes in, it was easy to soak the cotton sufficiently. It also took me forever to use this up, almost two years. Even though I loved it, I like experimenting with skin care so I will never again buy a toner so big,

Yet another Japanese makeup remover wipe. This one is buy Soielys, and again I did not like it at all and will not repurchase.

This product is from Walmart back in the States and I love these makeup remover wipes. The wipe itself is thick and comfortable to use and it removes face makeup easily. I also sometimes use this for my eye makeup when I'm being lazy but it stings the hell out of my eyes so here is my word of caution.

This is a Model Co lipgloss I got in a beauty box, in the color striptease. I found the mirror useless and a gimmick. The lip gloss itself was on the sticky side and this color was practically clear on me. I wouldn't purchase this product honestly. 


This is Holika Holika's Magic Pole Mascara in waterproof. The waterproof was a pain to get off but it works. The shape of the wand was also cumbersome as theres a ball at the end of a cylindrical wand. It was difficult for me to use the cylindrical side without the ball end getting mascara on my eyelid. Using solely the ball end took a lot of time. I wouldn't get this again.

This product is from Etude House, the Happy Teatime Lip and Eye remover. I would not get this ever again, it was incredibly oily, to the point that I would feel it necessary to wash my face afterwards. I don't often double cleanse so I found that rather annoying, also with it being so oily the last place I would want this is on my lips.

This was the Face Shop's Healing Lip Butter in the Lavendar scent. this is a rather old product. It has a really pleasant smell and it moisturized lips decently. I actually wasn't able to finish this product up as it turned and gave me some unattractive flakey bits on my lips.

This is Nature Republic's Hawaiian fresh clear serum. I really liked this stuff and have already repurchased it. It absorbed really easily into my skin and left it feeling really soft and nice. I really liked the air pump as well.

Etude House's Hand Bouquet Heel and Hand Cream. This stuff was amazing. It absorbed really well into my hands and feet and had such a nice floral fragrance. This is the bigger size of this product so my only complaint was that it was too bulky to put in my handbag.

Etude House's Kissable Lip Moisture Care. I enjoyed this lip balm in the winter as it had a thick consistency to it. It kept my lips moisturized very well. My complaint with this was mostly the packaging. The plastic is very thick, so even though there's product left, its really difficult for me to push it out. Also in the winter the product hardened a bit so that made it hard to squeeze out as well. 

The Face Shop's Apple flesh mask pack. The smell of this was lovely. Other than that I didn't notice too much of an effect on my skin. Sure it was a bit more moisturized afterwards but meh, I wasn't really into it.

The Revlon Nearly Naked Powder in Medium Deep. I loved this powder, it was really smooth and matched my skin pretty well. I used it as a setting powder for the most part. It lasted me at least six months which I think is incredible. After I go through some of the other powders I have I would definitely want to buy this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment